Benvenescù àl Fütür

Moart. Pëvarë. Corumpaziun. Itrigâ.
The rogue city-state of Talossa rises from the ashes of a dying America to take its place on the world stage of macronational war, politics, espionage and power. Tensions hum and rise, and war breaks out. Who will prevail in this war of fleeting hopes, grinding poverty, upstart nations and passing superpowers?
Creat par Éovart Andrinescu

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Conversation with S:reu Andrinescu

Transcript from listening device planted inside Éovart Andrinescu's office at 424 E Wells Street, Abbavilla. Recorded from 3:37pm, 2nd April, 2024 by PIG Internal Affairs.

A door opens. Keene enters.
Éovart Andrinescu: How are you, Mr. Keene?
Ian Keene: Ah, English. That's a bit... American, don't you think?
ÉA: I'm not sure what you mean. You understand, Talossan is a second language for me. Please have a seat.
Keene sits. A window is closed.
IK: It is a second language for all of us, M:sr Andrinescu. We must set the example for the next generation of Talossan patriots.
Éovart sits.
ÉA: Indeed, indeed. What have you come for?
IK: I have come to... I have come to issue a warning.
A pause.
ÉA: Am I being summoned to court?
IK: No, M:sr Andrinescu. It has been brought to our... my attention that you have restarted your work upon your book... I can't quite remember what it is called.
ÉA: Wetwork In Talossa.
IK: Yes, that is the one. We have seen the manuscript of the first three chapters. I don't think I need to tell you that neither the Government, or the PIG approve of the contents of these chapters.
ÉA: They merely contain the truth.
IK: Perhaps the truth is not what the Talossan people need right now.
ÉA: So this is why you've come today? To censor me?
IK: You make it sound so uncouth. This is merely a warning. We've done nothing yet to censor you, Andrinescu, but give us reason to and you'll wish you hadn't crossed us.
ÉA: Are you threatening me?
A bumping noise, we think this is where Keene stands up. Distinct sound of a pistol being drawn.
IK: What are you going to do about it, Andrinescu? You forget how much you have to lose. Your wife, your child. Your little office and your job in the Department of Infrastructure.
ÉA: You can't get away with this for long, Keene. Soon enough, this whole thing will rot from the inside out, whether you kill me or not.
IK: You will behave yourself, Andrinescu, or suffer the consequences. I will be back tomorrow.
Keene leaves. Andrinescu curses a few times before we hear him leave the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment